Alablawg

Commentary on Alabama Law and Society

My Photo
Name:
Location: Birmingham, Alabama

Saturday, April 01, 2006

If I Was In Charge

The work week would not be five fixed days on, two fixed days off. Rather, the two days off would be determined by the weather. The nicest days are the days you get to stay home. That way we could avoid the frustrations of weeks like this one, where it is beautiful all week, only to rain on Saturday.

Arrghh. I had one of my favorite rides planned for today - 65 miles towards Moody, down to Sterritt, then back on AL 25 over Coosa and Oak mountains and finally up U.S. 78 through Irondale to the house. The route is mostly low traffic and out in the country. It has three lung busting climbs, but you are rewarded with one panoramic view and two high speed downhills. If you've got the guts (I don't) you could hit fifty on one of them.

But not today. Oh well, maybe tomorrow. At least this gives me a chance to catch up on some reading.